Work With Us!
Take a look below to see how you can get involved and join the BSAM Canada team
Administrative Assistant (X-University Placement)
Paid Contract | Student Position | Starting ASAP
Student Placement Opportunity, Some evenings/weekends may be required. 50 hours, starts ASAP
Apply: To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, portfolio, and with reference to the position you are applying for. The application is open until filled.
The Administrative Assistant will ideally possess some experience performing administrative tasks, including correspondence, managing calendars, assisting with budgeting and accounting, and drafting policy or procedural documents. We are looking for someone who is preferably Toronto-based and Black or Indigenous to align with our mandate of providing opportunities for marginalized artists within the industry.
This will be a work from home position, with potential flexibility for in-person work should COVID restrictions be lifted.
- Work closely with BSAM Canada executive team
- Monitor or oversee the monitoring of a variety of account expenditures; maintain and reconcile budgets for various projects and advise and/or determine which expenditures are within the budget guidelines
- Provides administrative support to the executive team in areas such as maintaining the calendar and maintaining record-keeping systems
- Develop and maintain databases and/or spreadsheets
- Provide support by preparing and composing confidential correspondence, following up with contacts, screening and prioritizing mail
- Prioritize and arrange meetings and appointments for executive team, determine and prepare background materials if needed
- Able to offer solutions to help with the organization of documents
- Either working towards a degree in Administration or strong knowledge of handling administration duties
- Knowledge and skill in accounting and budgeting procedures and techniques
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making
- Strong organizational skills
- Verbal and written proficiency in multiple languages as asset
- Own computer, access to internet and quiet workspace
- Knowledge of
- Quickbooks is an asset but not a requirement.
Note that this is a paid position through the X University Student Placement ‘Experience Ventures’ Grant.
Please check back regularly for new opportunities and vacancies.